- Turnover:5171 MNOK
- Time-consuming preparation in the budget process with manually updated budget templates in Excel. Help materials that had to be in place etc.
- Training of 89 store managers
- High risk that store managers delete the budget template or mess up the file
- Turnover/hours had to be manually typed in Excel (from human resource system) – time consuming and at great risk of error
- Much manual work on updating the budget in the accounting system
EARNINGS AND BENEFITS
- Time spent with preparations is reduced to less than one week
- Very transparent for budgeting with all data in the model
- Integration with human resource and accounting system
- Easy to follow workflow status of regional/operating managers
- Flexible tools that allow you to customize templates and reports as we wish
- New budget process has been easy to implement since we have been able to start with and use our old Excel templates as input
- Simple integration with other relevant tools and data sources
- Good support for work processes with automatic e-mail reminders and a good overview/dashboards
- Attractive price tag
- Do it right from the start! Take an extra workshop day to clarify priorities, what should be done and in what order
- Involve the client’s project participants in the process. Increased participation results in easier implementation and greater ownership of the budget process!
CORPORATE PERFORMANCE MANAGEMENT
Coop Sørvest is Norway’s third largest consumer association measured in turnover. The head office is located at Brueland in Sandnes municipality with regional offices in Kristiansand and Haugesund. The consumer association consists of 89 stores which had a net turnover of 5.2 billion NOK in 2017.
“In the past, I dreaded myself enormously about the yearly budget process. With 89 store managers who manually should update budget templates in Excel using help materials, we typically used 2-3 work weeks or more. There was also a great risk that the store managers would delete the budget template or mess up the file, which led to many hours of control during and after budgeting, ”says Pål Sonesen, controller at Coop Sørvest.
With BizView the time spent on budget preparation has been significantly reduced in addition to that the quality of input has greatly improved.
With BizView, we have got a stable tool that manages large amounts of data and where shop managers can work in parallel without the risk of information being overwritten or lost. The budgets are designed with all data in the model and it is easy to follow up at regional and store levels.
We can at any time extract updated reports at all levels of the organization
Integrated with both human resource and accounting system
The budgeting in BizView is integrated with both the human resource system Stafftuner and Dynamics AX accounting system. The advantage of this is that you no longer need your own spreadsheets and reports that needed to be handled on the side and then manually enter into the budget simulation. Today we get these numbers directly in BizView. Once the budget is complete, it can easily be used for effective performance mangement.
We have had a big win in terms of total time spent. Time is now used to a greater extent on analysis and quality assurance instead of just stacking a budget on the legs
The biggest effect is the time we save, as well as less frustration in all parts of the organization. With 142 users in the system, ease of use is central. The integration process has been simple since we have been able to copy design from many of the templates we had before. The users are satisfied and we have greater security and control. All in all, a very successful implementation.